029: Freelancing Sales Growth with Connor Gillivan
Freelancing Sales Growth
More than a third of the US workforce is comprised of freelancers. Freelancing has become a trillion dollar industry that can be challenging for founders to navigate. With so many experts to choose from, it can be hard to know what to look for, and how to integrate hired talent into your organization.
My guest this week is Connor Gillivan. After selling more than $25 million on Amazon from his dorm room, Connor went on to create FreeeUp.com, a freelancer marketplace that connects businesses with the top 1% of freelancers in eCommerce, digital marketing, virtual assistance, and web development. Not only has Connor leveraged freelancers to build his Amazon business, but he has also built FreeeUp into a multi-million dollar business using . . .well . . .freelancers. Connor joins us this week to talk about this booming industry, the challenges he has faced in his journey, and why freelancers might be the perfect solution for your startup.
ON THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- The origins of FreeeUp – Dealing with the challenges of hiring freelancers
- Why Freeeup is different than traditional freelancer platforms
- Common concerns when hiring Freelancing for startups
- What are the best industries to utilize freelancers?
- 7 Keys to a successful virtual team
- How to launch and scaling a peer-to-peer model
- The primary lead sources that have fueled early growth
- Tracking website conversion with thrive leads
- Technical Debt and the challenges of taking on industry giants
- Disecting the FreeeUp revenue and business model.
About Our Guest
Connor Gillivan is a serial entrepreneur who started his first company out of his dorm room at Quinnipiac University building it to over $25 million of sales on Amazon.com. After becoming an expert at hiring, he co-founded FreeeUp, an online hiring marketplace bringing together the top 1% of freelancers with growing businesses.