037: Social Selling for Startups with Steve Nudelberg
Direct to Consumer
“Nobody want’s to be sold anymore.” With so many products and solutions competing for our attention, buyers want simple solutions from people they know like and trust.
Meet Steve Nudelberg, author, speaker and “serial salesman” who has found success by being valuable, authentic, and connected. Steve is an expert on the topic of social selling and will argue that, for more startups, cold calling is a waste of time, and that entrepreneurs should spend less time hiding behind their brand and more time engaging with their customers. On this weeks episode, we explore the evolving sales landscape, the biggest sales challenges entrepreneurs face and some secrets to help startups connect with their customers and keep their sales pipelines full.
On this Episode we Discuss:
- The biggest challenges entrepreneurs face when it comes to selling
- Selling your MVP and knowing when to pivot
- How selling has changed and why that’s good news for entrepreneurs
- Building a brand and connecting with your target customers
- Selling with Passion – Why entrepreneurs are the best at selling
- Why you should stop trying to sell everyone
- Your customers are buying you first, then your company
- The problems with cold calling and the value of social selling
- Finding the best social platforms to connect with your potential customers?
Steve Nudelberg is an author, expert sales trainer, consultant, keynote speaker, and serial entrepreneur. Steve created On the Ball – a company that invests time and talent in emerging businesses and corporate teams to help them grow.
His core philosophy is to ignite individuals and teams by enhancing their awareness about small, yet, powerful changes they can make to instantly sharpen individual performance. Steve’s 27 core Leadership Rules of Engagement within this book have been developed over decades of corporate and entrepreneurial leadership endeavors.
Steve has a long history of sales success, mentoring, and leadership. After building and leading a winning national sales team for ABC Cellular, Steve found himself at a crossroads. In between jobs, he started receiving requests to match companies and personalities to sponsorship opportunities, primarily in the sports arena. This gave birth to the idea of founding his own sales and marketing company that offered sales strategy, messaging, brand identity, sales and leadership training, and Arrangemenship™ (business development) as well as other services.