012: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Brand with Bex Founder Jason Adams
“Passion is Powerful” – Jason Adams
“Passion is powerful” say’s Jason Adams when asked about launching his sunglass company with only $600. 8-years later, Bex is a multi-million dollar brand that sells hats, sunglasses and apparel throughout the world. This week, Jason joins me to walk through the creation of what started as a passion for design and a belief that he could create a successful business doing something he loved. Well talk about branding, funding, growing pains, competing with major brands like Oakely, and RayBan, leadership, and some of the key lessons that can help you generate sales traction.
- Passion – Branding $600 and a passion into a global multi-million dollar company.
- Leadership – Making the transition from founder to CEO and the challenges of a growing organization.
- Performance – Why building a great team is the key to creating a successful brand.
- Competition – How Bex is gaining marketing by disrupting price and features.
- Marketing – How Bex competes on a marketing front with a fraction of the budgets of their competitors.
- Differentiation – How to stand out in a noisy market.
- Mentors – Balancing your deficiencies with expert guidance.
- Team Development – The decision that might have saved Bex in the early days.
Meet Our Guest
Jason Adams is the founder and President of BEX, a lightweight polarized sunglass company based out of Las Vegas Nevada. From the companies founding in 2009 with $600, Bex has emerged into a multi-million dollar brand that sells sunglasses, hats, and apparel all over the world. Featured in Forbes, Bex has achieved tremendous success designing, manufacturing, and distributing products through various wholesale/retail channels and e-commerce platforms.