Mastery 9: What to Expect From Your Marketing Agency
As a follow-up to the 4 Pillars of Online Marketing, this week’s Mastery episode focuses on how to pick the right marketing and SEO firm for you business, as well as what you should expect for results and costs. Without a background in web development and SEO, it is extremely difficult for entrepreneurs to create a competitive online presence. At some point, you will need to enlist some professional help to build a powerful lead-generating engine. As you consider your options, here are a few expectations and warnings signs to guide you in your decision.
Marketing Agency Talking Points
- Be prepared – learn the basics of SEO and web development. (Check out Moz.com)
- Marketing costs are relative – when compared to the majority of lead strategies, online marketing will be one of your most cost-effiecient lead sources.
- Why you need to be weary of firms offering paid links.
- How much should a website cost?
- The costs of going cheap on paid strategies.
- What to expect with SEO. How long does it take to see results?
- Google penalties – what are the common mistakes that penalize your website?
- Look for a firm that publishes case studies and customer results.
- How can a startup with a limited budget engage a marketing agency?